Revit Architecture

suenhm
Message 1 of 5 (343 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cutting void beyond the hosting wall - Trouble Joining the walls

343 Views, 4 Replies
10-27-2011 03:12 PM

Hi,

I have inserted a recess paper towel dispenser into an interior wall. Then a 1/8" tile wall was added in front of the hosting interior wall. The opening for the recess dispenser only cut into the interior hosting wall, not the tile wall. I tried joining the two walls, but it didn't seems to have any effect. Is there any reason why the walls won't join?

Please help, I have attached the file for your reference. Thank you

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 5 (338 Views)

Re: Cutting void beyond the hosting wall - Trouble Joining the walls

10-27-2011 07:19 PM in reply to: suenhm

I think you need to edit the profile of the finish wall, following the shape of the dispenser.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
suenhm
Message 3 of 5 (324 Views)

10-28-2011 06:04 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the reply. I could modify the profile or cut an opening into the tile wall; however, I want the opening to follow the recessed dispenser, espiecally since we will adjust the location of the dispenser later on in the project phase.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 5 (319 Views)

10-28-2011 06:48 AM in reply to: suenhm

Open the dispenser family, increase the depth of the void in the middle towards the exterior. If necessary, you could control that depth with a parameter. Load the family into project again. Now, use Join Geometry, to join the finish wall to the partition wall. Now the dispenser family would cut the fnish wall, too. Now you can move the dispenser freely, and the finish wall will be cut properly.

See illustration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
suenhm
Message 5 of 5 (309 Views)

10-28-2011 07:12 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks a bunch!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube