Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
Redli1
Message 1 of 4 (344 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cut with void and solid

344 Views, 3 Replies
12-29-2013 09:33 AM

I can cut a wall with a familiy void, but if the family consists of a solid and void it does not work. What would be the solution?

a1.PNG

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

Re: Cut with void and solid

12-29-2013 10:49 AM in reply to: Redli1

maybe I don't undrstand you well , but at me works...at least in R2014..

The steps made in order to achieve it:

1. in Family  object : Properties > Other > Cut with Voids When Loaded - check the option - Load the family into Project
  2. In  Project : select the Wall and from Ribbon > Geometry >Cut - select the Famly object and the Wall
  3. check also in Project > Properties > View Range > Cut Plane  - if the Void part of the inserted family is under or over the Cut Plane , the hole will be not seen in Floor Plan View, so be sure that the View Range's Cut Plane cuts the hole....
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Active Contributor
Redli1
Message 3 of 4 (331 Views)

12-29-2013 11:08 AM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

thanks for your feedback. Can you confirm that you can cut walls with the enclosed family?

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 4 of 4 (306 Views)

12-29-2013 03:17 PM in reply to: Redli1

Because you already used Void in order to shape your volume, this can not be used anymore in perforating the wall and another Void would anihilate the shape.

I suggest to make a new family  Generic Model Face Based  (or wall based) in wich to include as nested family your family.

In this new family you can create a void that follows the shape of the nested family.

Once loaded in Project this will cut the wall....

I have attached the .rfa....

Image 385.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube