Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut with void and solid

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Redli1
2481 Views, 3 Replies

Cut with void and solid

I can cut a wall with a familiy void, but if the family consists of a solid and void it does not work. What would be the solution?

a1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

maybe I don't undrstand you well , but at me works...at least in R2014..

The steps made in order to achieve it:

1. in Family  object : Properties > Other > Cut with Voids When Loaded - check the option - Load the family into Project
  2. In  Project : select the Wall and from Ribbon > Geometry >Cut - select the Famly object and the Wall
  3. check also in Project > Properties > View Range > Cut Plane  - if the Void part of the inserted family is under or over the Cut Plane , the hole will be not seen in Floor Plan View, so be sure that the View Range's Cut Plane cuts the hole....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

thanks for your feedback. Can you confirm that you can cut walls with the enclosed family?

Message 4 of 4

Because you already used Void in order to shape your volume, this can not be used anymore in perforating the wall and another Void would anihilate the shape.

I suggest to make a new family  Generic Model Face Based  (or wall based) in wich to include as nested family your family.

In this new family you can create a void that follows the shape of the nested family.

Once loaded in Project this will cut the wall....

I have attached the .rfa....

Image 385.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report