Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut opening among different platform

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
BIMAbhi
635 Views, 7 Replies

Cut opening among different platform

Is there any tool by which we can create opening for MEP service. Our model are in Autodesk Fabrication CAD MEP and Revit platform. Our main objective is that can we attain cut opening among different platforms like an solid wall (created in AutoCAD) with a Revit MEP Pipe/Duct.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AJA14
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Hi,

There is a tool in the exchange apps. I think it is called Cut LT.

Check it out.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 8
BIMAbhi

Thanks for your feedback.

We are already using this add-ins. But here we can not cut openings from multi disciplinary softwares.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 4 of 8
AJA14

Cut Opening Pro can be used for linked files but you have to buy it. Otherwise you have to open the linked files and do it over there.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 5 of 8
BIMAbhi

Thanks. We are using both the tools (Cut Opening Pro & Cut Opening LT)

For an example we have created the Architecture model in Revit interface and MEP model in other software (i.e. Autodesk Fabrication CAD MEP) interface. Now we will create the MEP opening in the Architecture wall. Is it possible in any software.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 6 of 8
AJA14

Interesting. How are you coordinating your models for clash detection and data aggregation. I don't have any experience with the fabrication software but I think if you can link the MEP into the revit model, then you would be able to manually do that, otherwise, I think you're other option would be the API. Put your programming gloves on.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 7 of 8
BIMAbhi
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks for your suggestion. Primarily our objective is to perform cut opening amoung cross platform softwares. Can it be really possible using API/Add-ins or you can suggest any other mechanism to perform the same?

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 8 of 8
AJA14

Well, I can't think of anything other than the API. But to assure that it is possible, I think you need someone with a very high knowledge on the subject. I would recommend you try and contact the guy from "The Building Coder".
http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report