Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut-away axonometric view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2873 Views, 5 Replies

Cut-away axonometric view

Revit has generated an axonometric view of my project, complete with all elements. I want to create a cut-away view, (not by having a clip plane (if this is possible), as this would generate strange cuts on walls etc ) but by eliminating some walls and floors from the view. I thought I had the solution by going into the 'VIEW' drop-down menu, selecting Hide/Isolate and then picking the various walls, floors etc I wanted to temporary hide. On the sheet this looked exactly as I wanted it, but the plot brought back all the items I'd hidden. Is it possible to remove individual elements from an axonometric view? Thanks Damian
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You would need to use worklsets or design options or phasing to accomplish this. Which tool would depend on the intent of the drawing... "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message news:408fd465_3@newsprd01... > Revit has generated an axonometric view of my project, complete with all > elements. > > I want to create a cut-away view, (not by having a clip plane (if this is > possible), as this would generate strange cuts on walls etc ) but by > eliminating some walls and floors from the view. > > I thought I had the solution by going into the 'VIEW' drop-down menu, > selecting Hide/Isolate and then picking the various walls, floors etc I > wanted to temporary hide. On the sheet this looked exactly as I wanted it, > but the plot brought back all the items I'd hidden. > > Is it possible to remove individual elements from an axonometric view? > > Thanks > > Damian > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, the Hide/Isolate tool works for views only. It would be nice to have this setting 'stick' for plotting as well. Put in a request with Revit support! "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:408fd7d1$1_1@newsprd01... > You would need to use worklsets or design options or phasing to accomplish > this. Which tool would depend on the intent of the drawing... > > "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message > news:408fd465_3@newsprd01... > > Revit has generated an axonometric view of my project, complete with all > > elements. > > > > I want to create a cut-away view, (not by having a clip plane (if this is > > possible), as this would generate strange cuts on walls etc ) but by > > eliminating some walls and floors from the view. > > > > I thought I had the solution by going into the 'VIEW' drop-down menu, > > selecting Hide/Isolate and then picking the various walls, floors etc I > > wanted to temporary hide. On the sheet this looked exactly as I wanted it, > > but the plot brought back all the items I'd hidden. > > > > Is it possible to remove individual elements from an axonometric view? > > > > Thanks > > > > Damian > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Aaron, thank you for your reply. I'll look into this once I become a bit more experienced. Damian "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:408fd7d1$1_1@newsprd01... > You would need to use worklsets or design options or phasing to accomplish > this. Which tool would depend on the intent of the drawing... > > "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message > news:408fd465_3@newsprd01... > > Revit has generated an axonometric view of my project, complete with all > > elements. > > > > I want to create a cut-away view, (not by having a clip plane (if this is > > possible), as this would generate strange cuts on walls etc ) but by > > eliminating some walls and floors from the view. > > > > I thought I had the solution by going into the 'VIEW' drop-down menu, > > selecting Hide/Isolate and then picking the various walls, floors etc I > > wanted to temporary hide. On the sheet this looked exactly as I wanted it, > > but the plot brought back all the items I'd hidden. > > > > Is it possible to remove individual elements from an axonometric view? > > > > Thanks > > > > Damian > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Will do. Damian "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:408fde88_2@newsprd01... > Yes, the Hide/Isolate tool works for views only. It would be nice to have > this setting 'stick' for plotting as well. Put in a request with Revit > support! > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:408fd7d1$1_1@newsprd01... > > You would need to use worklsets or design options or phasing to accomplish > > this. Which tool would depend on the intent of the drawing... > > > > "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message > > news:408fd465_3@newsprd01... > > > Revit has generated an axonometric view of my project, complete with all > > > elements. > > > > > > I want to create a cut-away view, (not by having a clip plane (if this > is > > > possible), as this would generate strange cuts on walls etc ) but by > > > eliminating some walls and floors from the view. > > > > > > I thought I had the solution by going into the 'VIEW' drop-down menu, > > > selecting Hide/Isolate and then picking the various walls, floors etc I > > > wanted to temporary hide. On the sheet this looked exactly as I wanted > it, > > > but the plot brought back all the items I'd hidden. > > > > > > Is it possible to remove individual elements from an axonometric view? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > Damian > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

What you are describing is what I would use the section box for. Look up section box in the help file and I am sure you will find what you need. - JB "Bree Day Partnership" wrote in message news:408fd465_3@newsprd01... > Revit has generated an axonometric view of my project, complete with all > elements. > > I want to create a cut-away view, (not by having a clip plane (if this is > possible), as this would generate strange cuts on walls etc ) but by > eliminating some walls and floors from the view. > > I thought I had the solution by going into the 'VIEW' drop-down menu, > selecting Hide/Isolate and then picking the various walls, floors etc I > wanted to temporary hide. On the sheet this looked exactly as I wanted it, > but the plot brought back all the items I'd hidden. > > Is it possible to remove individual elements from an axonometric view? > > Thanks > > Damian > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report