Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Profile command is clunky

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DermotMeaney2914
1446 Views, 5 Replies

Cut Profile command is clunky

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with this tool & additionally on this plan detail of a wall junction Revit 2010 seems to have made an odd choice of wall cut.

• The wall with the skin is a stud wall with a plywood cladding & the wall functioning it from the left is a double brick cavity wall.
  • I would like to show the brick coming to the timber stud framing & then the cladding butting to the brickwork, this is more of an exercise than a real life scenario.
  • I have tried a few times to get my wish with "cut profiles" & some regions with hatching to cover my  inability to get where I want with the "cut profile". I have finally got it, but it would be easier if the software cut the wall in a proper manner.

Perhaps there are places where one should drop back to Auto CAD.

sportyhd
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If you configure your walls properly, Revit can do the connection properly, without you needing any other tool such as Filled regions nor Edit cut profile.

See illustration for an example of how to configure your walls to make the proper joint automatically. See the "Function" column. Now see how the component with a function of [1] in wall A meets the components with a function of [1] in wall B.

[1] is structure , [2] is substrate, [3] is thermal layer, [4] is finish, etc. Therefore [1] meets [1] and so on...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6

Thx Alfredo I will have a look at that, it is similar to the ADT wall priority options but different.

sportyhd
Message 4 of 6

Alfredo thx again, I have just made the alterations on my drawing file for it to work beautifully.

I sort of know all these things are available in Revit, its just navigating there quickly thats hard for me compared with ADT, where I know my way around well after 8 or so years.

sportyhd
Message 5 of 6

Glad to see that it worked. Please remember to click on the "Accept as solution" button, so that the thread is marked with a green check mark, and it goes to the list of New Solutions on the right of the screen.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for the warm welcome to Autodesk's Revit Architecture Forums! I'm thrilled to be here among fellow Revit enthusiasts. I'm ready to contribute my knowledge, ask questions, and Chat GPT OP dive into popular topics related to Revit Architecture. Let's collaborate, learn, and make the most out of this community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report