Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Profile Not Working with Linked Views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
markacronin
2156 Views, 3 Replies

Cut Profile Not Working with Linked Views

I thought that Cut Profile would be working with linked models (with By Linked View) by now. I know it didn't work a few years ago, but we've just tried it in 2014 and it still isn't correctly displaying views that have had the Cut Profile tool used on them when linked into another file (using By Linked View).

Is this workflow still not supported? Or are my users doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I made a quick test about this, and my report is that this works, using By Linked View.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response Alfredo.

Hmm, I'm informed that it is working in some views and not others. E.g. it works fine in the 1:5 partition details, but not in the 1:50 building sections. The linking is working properly as other annotations etc, are showing up. Where the cut profile doesn't work, it is showing the cut profile sketch lines in pink and the unedited faces behind.

Guess I'll have to do some testing...

Message 4 of 4
markacronin
in reply to: markacronin

I had a dig and it appeared that the cut profile that wasn't behaving was done with multiple edits. Instead of selecting the cut profile tool and drawing the skecthes in one edit the user had used the cut profile tool multiple times on one single element. Not 100% sure if this was causing the display issue (it did display correctly in the original file but not the linked file) but when relinked with all of the sketches in one edit it displayed correctly.

Thanks for your original assessment Alfredo and I can confirm that it does indeed work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report