Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization and Details

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rlwade
161 Views, 3 Replies

Customization and Details

I am think of switching from Desktop 2004 to Revit 6.0 and I have some questions for those who have been using the program. I am testing the trial version right now and the program seems to be great if your design work is not out of the ordinary but when it comes to unique details it seams to be harder to manipulate.

1. How hard is it to create custom details such as window heads and frames. (see attached file)

2 What if you want to set where your brick coursing starts in elevation. (see attached elevation)

3. The last residential project I designed looked like this in elevation. How would I make the roof material (metal) come down the walls in certain areas only? (see attached elevation)

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rlwade

1. A lot simpler than in ADT. You can do it several different ways. Model it. Draft it. Detail it and include it in the model. 2. Revit allows you to move hatch patterns on a surface to the correct location. This task is literaly 2 mouse clicks. 3. Again you have a couple of otions. Model one wall and apply a material to the area of roof material using the split face tool. Or model two walls with different materials. The second is just as easy as the first and gives you detailed section. The building you show is only a few hours work in Revit. "rlwade" wrote in message news:4442838.1078849630065.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I am think of switching from Desktop 2004 to Revit 6.0 and I have some questions for those who have been using the program. I am testing the trial version right now and the program seems to be great if your design work is not out of the ordinary but when it comes to unique details it seams to be harder to manipulate. > > 1. How hard is it to create custom details such as window heads and frames. (see attached file) > > 2 What if you want to set where your brick coursing starts in elevation. (see attached elevation) > > 3. The last residential project I designed looked like this in elevation. How would I make the roof material (metal) come down the walls in certain areas only? (see attached elevation) > > Thank you
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

rlwade, jump over to the forums at www.zoogdesign.com/forums for the unofficial best resource for Revit, and ask your questions there. It's your best bet to get a great response. but in the mean time: 1. Very easy to create custom details. A ton of 2D detail components come with Revit, but you can easily create others as necessary. Window/door head/jamb/sill details can be done easily. Most of the section information can be contained in the door or window family, so that when you draw a detail callout, the detail geometry is already in the view. 2. Use the align tool. Pick the wall edge or other feature you want your coursing to start at, and then pick a line of the brick hatch. 3. Create a wall type that has the same exterior finish as your roof. Build it in the model as you would build the real thing. "rlwade" wrote in message news:4442838.1078849630065.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I am think of switching from Desktop 2004 to Revit 6.0 and I have some questions for those who have been using the program. I am testing the trial version right now and the program seems to be great if your design work is not out of the ordinary but when it comes to unique details it seams to be harder to manipulate. > > 1. How hard is it to create custom details such as window heads and frames. (see attached file) > > 2 What if you want to set where your brick coursing starts in elevation. (see attached elevation) > > 3. The last residential project I designed looked like this in elevation. How would I make the roof material (metal) come down the walls in certain areas only? (see attached elevation) > > Thank you
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I am several month into changing from ADT to Revit, and I think the most difficult part is reorienting my mind to the Revit philosophy. Once I do that, I find that troublesome issues just fade away. It is not always obvious what you have to do differently, but once you understand the procedures they become second nature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report