Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved glass balustrade

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
barry
7644 Views, 5 Replies

Curved glass balustrade

I am trying to create a staircase balustrade in glass but which needs to follow the curved edge of the stair. The stair has 3 straight flights with two sections of curved winders.

I've tried using a glass balustrade family but this doesn't seem to work as the size of the panels prevent it following the curve. A similar problem exists at the edge of the floor where the balustrade needs to follow the curved edge of the floor. The handrail element of the balustrade works fine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
niranjan_kamath
in reply to: barry

Could you share a sample image of the stair for which you are designing this balustrade? Also if you could show us the balustrade profile / sketch? this will help understanding the issue.

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
barry

Managed to do it by creating a profile of the glass infill I wanted then editing the balustrade type and setting my glass profile as a second rail with the appropriate positioning below the main staircase handrail. I then edited the baluster type to 'none'. The result is a continuous curved glass infill which follows the curve and rise of the stair.

See image attached

Message 4 of 6
niranjan_kamath

i am glad that you were able to resolve this issue. i have attached a similar that i tried recently. i used similar profile with sweep to get the panel effects to the glass. see attached

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
patrulater

Hi

I've ran into a similar situation, I need to draw a curved glass panel on a helicoidal staircase.

I think I managed to draw it, but I am not sure I know how to convert the 3D curved glass panel into a 2D glass panel so I can properly measure it and so I can see it as a straight glass panel.

Please help me with this one!

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
patrulater
in reply to: patrulater

I forgot to say that I'm using AutoCAD 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report