Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved Roof

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wjxu55
1257 Views, 8 Replies

Curved Roof

Hi,

Any body tell me How i create this curved roof?  See attached picture.

Thanks.

Willie

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: wjxu55

See my video at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSMnz_tgy3s

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
wjxu55
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you very much!

I'm studing now

Message 4 of 9
wjxu55

I am new for revit, I still confuse how to create reference line. Do you have video including create all reference lines from start step? Sorry I never do form befor,

Thank you!

Willie

Message 5 of 9
wjxu55

Hi, I try to study making curved form, use reference line for horizontal and reference spline for curve, but form doesn't follow the  point to make curve, please tell why?  see Attached picture.

Thanks!

Willie

Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Yes, that exercise may not be appropriate for your level of experience. You asked the question, and I provided the link, but I did not know more information about you being new to Revit. I cannot determine why it is not workfing for you since I don't know what steps you took or what steps you missed.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9
wjxu55

Hi, Alfredo_Medina,

I try to follow your video to make curved roof, but roof surface is the flat, not like curved. Please help me to check attacked revit file, find what is wrong with my file. Thanks lot!

Willie

Message 8 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

The video explains clearly that some edges need to be "lines" and some edges need to be "splines". You did everything with "lines".

Message 9 of 9
wjxu55

I got it! Thank you so much!

Willie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report