Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain walls within Triangular Curtain Wall Panels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nPoika
2294 Views, 2 Replies

Curtain walls within Triangular Curtain Wall Panels

Heyya All! 

I am trying to achieve a relatively unconventional facade (see the attatched image).

I am basically trying to get a concrete wall segmented into triangles (to the extent that the actual concrete closer resembles beams). Within these triangles curtain glazing are to be placed in timber framing/mullions (with a doorway in one of these curtain panels).

I am new to revit, so far I have been trying to get the main wall to be a triangular curtain wall with a child curtain wall in the panels. Unfortunately, there have been no fruits for my labour. 6 coffees in, hours of googling and about 4 hours sleep and all I've got is a conceptial sketchup model thrown together for you guys! 

Also, I understand this construction is questionable and an engineer's nightmare to say the least. Alas, I'm a mere building design student so rest assured, you aren't contributing to the creation of building that will eventuate into a death trap. 🙂 I am more interested in how I would achieve something like this in revit so that the skills could be translated into other (more realistic) iscenarios.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nPoika
in reply to: nPoika

Okay, I eventually got somewhere!

I was able to create an opening within the wall for the curtain wall, modify the profile of my curtain wall and boom. You can see the result. I can almost see the finish line... however one hick up. I can't seem to get the curtain wall to be centred to the wall. It sits ont he outside.

Any ideas?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: nPoika

nPoika:

Is not necessary to create an opening, just check the Automatically Embed parameter.

Saludos Cordiales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report