Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall mullion isn't aligned with grid line

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jonmcfarlandGY
3069 Views, 2 Replies

Curtain wall mullion isn't aligned with grid line

I'm having a bit of trouble using a curtain wall BIM model that I downloaded from a manufacturer's web site.

It seems like the vertical mullions are not centered on the grid lines; one side of the mullion is 1 3/16" from the grid line while the other is 1 13/16" away. If you look at the mullion in plan, you'll see the same issue. If you look at the profile rfa file, it appears that the centerline is properly located and locked, it's just in the project file where it's off.

If I select the mullion in the browser the right-click, Make Element Editable is grayed out.

If I select the mullion in the drawing area, un-pin it and then right-click, Edit Family is grayed out.

If i select the mullion in the drawing area then click Edit Type, the Type Properties dialog box shows the two parameters in the Dimensions group, "Width on side 2" and "Width on side 1", that are uneven by the same amount that the mullion is off of the grid line. I suspect that this the issue, but these are both grayed out and I can't locate their origin.

If I duplicate the mullion, those parameters are still grayed out.

The project was upgraded to Revit 2011 and I've seen many posts where this can be an issue. When I try to save the mullion to a library, as suggested, I can save the profile, but not the mullion, which is showing the issue and contains the parameters that I want to change. Any suggestions on how I can select and edit the mullion?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

3 hours of trying to figure this out and it slaps me in the face 10 minutes after posting the question.

In the profile file, the Defines Origin option was unchecked for the vertical reference plane.  Checked the box, loaded the file into the project and all the vertical mullions were fixed.

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 3 of 3
jpmays23
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

Genius!

I was dealing with the exact same issue with that certain manufacturer.  You have ended my frustration, thanks you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report