Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 9 (1,109 Views)

Curtain wall mullion bug?

1109 Views, 8 Replies
04-01-2011 07:01 AM

We've been using Kawneer's mullion profiles and detail items as well as creating our own for the past 2 years, but we've begun noticing that some mullions' detail items will flip when the section view is looking one way versus another.  The mullion profile is displayed properly though so the view isn't flipping the entire mullion family.  

We're running Revit 2011 x64, and haven't noticed this problem previously.  

Attached is one of the culprits.  Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks.

- Alex

jcvedder1
Message 2 of 9 (988 Views)

Re: Curtain wall mullion bug?

12-14-2011 08:15 AM in reply to: Jazzster11

I've been experiencing this also, and its extremely frustrating.  I've had some success copying a curtainwall with the detail lines of the mullion displaying in the correct orientation and it working in other section views.  This itself is really annoying and removes references of the wall you are trying to replace/fix.  I haven't found a way to fix the problem the 'right' way.  Anyone else?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 3 of 9 (968 Views)

12-14-2011 09:22 PM in reply to: jcvedder1

Can you post an image showing how the detail component looks wrong? I could not see any problem here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Distinguished Contributor
Message 4 of 9 (948 Views)

12-19-2011 12:36 PM in reply to: Jazzster11

Unfortunately it's been too long since I posted the original message to still have examples of the problem showing up in our project, but I believe the detail item referenced within the mullion profile family would "flip" either vertically or horizontally in a few views.  The weird thing was that cutting a new section or creating a new plan view often fixed the problem.

We couldn't keep recreating views that were fully developed so I think we hid the projection lines of those objects and simply placed the correct detail item on top within the view.

I don't remember running into this problem since we switched to Revit 2012.

Thanks.

- Alex

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 5 of 9 (945 Views)

12-19-2011 12:53 PM in reply to: Jazzster11

That must be. I tried to reproduce the error, using RAC2012, but it did not happen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
rsanz85
Message 6 of 9 (883 Views)

01-24-2012 07:41 AM in reply to: Jazzster11

Sorry to bump an old thread, but we have been experiencing this issue at our office as well.  Very frustrating and requires jumping through hoops to get the mullion to display correctly in our sections and details.

See attached for example of this issue.

CW_mullion_bug_01.jpg

CW_mullion_bug_02.jpg

AdamHamilton
Message 7 of 9 (790 Views)

05-01-2012 08:52 AM in reply to: Jazzster11

i have the same problem... all elements are pure revit...tried locking down, ref planes. nothing.

RAC2012 all updates

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 8 of 9 (764 Views)

05-02-2012 07:16 AM in reply to: AdamHamilton

Is it possible to post a small portion of the file, when this error is happening? As I said before, I tried to reproduce the problem, but everything worked as expected. Having the actual file would help.

AdamHamilton
Message 9 of 9 (702 Views)

05-22-2012 09:57 AM in reply to: AdamHamilton

I found the solution to my problem. the mullion was part of a curtain wall system hosted to a Mass object. the mass object had lines that were slightly off axis once i fixed the warnings in both profiles of the mass and updated the faces the detail component returned to its proper state.

dunno why only the detail component gets fubar'd but have discovered 'Lines slightly off axis' are causeing numerous issues with panels and mullions in hosted systems

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube