Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall mullion bug?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Jazzster11
2486 Views, 8 Replies

Curtain wall mullion bug?

We've been using Kawneer's mullion profiles and detail items as well as creating our own for the past 2 years, but we've begun noticing that some mullions' detail items will flip when the section view is looking one way versus another.  The mullion profile is displayed properly though so the view isn't flipping the entire mullion family.  

We're running Revit 2011 x64, and haven't noticed this problem previously.  

Attached is one of the culprits.  Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks.

- Alex

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jcvedder1
in reply to: Jazzster11

I've been experiencing this also, and its extremely frustrating.  I've had some success copying a curtainwall with the detail lines of the mullion displaying in the correct orientation and it working in other section views.  This itself is really annoying and removes references of the wall you are trying to replace/fix.  I haven't found a way to fix the problem the 'right' way.  Anyone else?

Message 3 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jcvedder1

Can you post an image showing how the detail component looks wrong? I could not see any problem here.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 9
Jazzster11

Unfortunately it's been too long since I posted the original message to still have examples of the problem showing up in our project, but I believe the detail item referenced within the mullion profile family would "flip" either vertically or horizontally in a few views.  The weird thing was that cutting a new section or creating a new plan view often fixed the problem.

We couldn't keep recreating views that were fully developed so I think we hid the projection lines of those objects and simply placed the correct detail item on top within the view.

I don't remember running into this problem since we switched to Revit 2012.

Thanks.

- Alex

Message 5 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

That must be. I tried to reproduce the error, using RAC2012, but it did not happen.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 9
rsanz85

Sorry to bump an old thread, but we have been experiencing this issue at our office as well.  Very frustrating and requires jumping through hoops to get the mullion to display correctly in our sections and details.

See attached for example of this issue.

CW_mullion_bug_01.jpg

CW_mullion_bug_02.jpg

Message 7 of 9
AdamHamilton

i have the same problem... all elements are pure revit...tried locking down, ref planes. nothing.

RAC2012 all updates

Message 8 of 9

Is it possible to post a small portion of the file, when this error is happening? As I said before, I tried to reproduce the problem, but everything worked as expected. Having the actual file would help.

Message 9 of 9
AdamHamilton
in reply to: AdamHamilton

I found the solution to my problem. the mullion was part of a curtain wall system hosted to a Mass object. the mass object had lines that were slightly off axis once i fixed the warnings in both profiles of the mass and updated the faces the detail component returned to its proper state.

dunno why only the detail component gets fubar'd but have discovered 'Lines slightly off axis' are causeing numerous issues with panels and mullions in hosted systems

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report