Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall grid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elina.hyvamaki
406 Views, 2 Replies

Curtain wall grid

I just wanted to check, if I've understood correctly the options there are with curtain wall grids:

1) Type-based regular grids. Type-dependent grid lines update, if I make changes to the grid layout of the type.

2) Manually in-place edited grids, that can be irregular. Modifying them has no affect anywhere outside the instance, where manual edits have been done.

I will offcourse use groups, when I have identical curtain wall instances. Anyway I'm interested to know, if it's really so, that I can't make an irregular horizontal grid layout, that's type based, and updates to all instances of the type, when modified? If I need to modify one horizontal grid line in many manually edited curtain walls, is there a way to do that in many instances at once?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

To be able to change one horizontal grid in particular in many instances of curtain walls that were created manually, those curtain walls need to be instances of the same group. Otherwise, you need to modify them one by one.

It is not possible to combine irregular layout and & curtain wall type. But you can make groups, and make changes to designs of the same group. Also, you can embed curtain wall designs as groups into another host wall. If you modify the groups, the design is modified.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

OK, I've understood correctly then. I am definitely going to use groups when possible. Thanks for your answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report