Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall border Mullion - Profile to align at the centerline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5927 Views, 4 Replies

Curtain wall border Mullion - Profile to align at the centerline

I am trying to design the border mullion of the curtain wall, in a way that its centerline alignes to the border gridline.

For default the border  mullion aligns the external face of it to the gridline,
but I would like it to act as the internal mulluon - aligning with the centerline.

How can I make it?

Thanks a lot!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

• make a copy of the border mullion in order to change only this one
  •  in Floor plan click on the border mullion > Type Properties window opens >Dimensions > WIDTH ON SIDE 2<>WIDTH ON SIDE 1....now they are equal .. change one of it to 0 and put the entire width to the other....
  • You will need different type mullions for the right and for the left side....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

forget it!

it was a misundertood....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Message 5 of 5
constantin.stroescu

In my opinion there is a sort of paradox here. You try to place a  mullion outside his host"s limits...and normaly this can not be allowed. Maybe it could be possible to do it by using Window Family (editable family)....but not with  Curtain Walls because they are System Family.

I'll try to put the problem slightly different  , in a way a was confronted with in my work...

The problem appears when I wanted to split a curtain wall in a number of equal panels...

The distance between the Curtain Grids is equal , so it is that from the left border to the first grid and that from the last grid to the right border. That "s fine, but when putting the mullions , that on the border will be not centered on it, but of course inside it...that means that the first and the last panels will be narower by half mullion width.

How a did solve the problem in my project:

• Make a Curtain Wall a simple one , a pane
  • In Elevation View  draw two Reference Planes one in the left side and one in the right side at a distance of half mullion width to the border
  • put an allign dimension from the borders to the Reference Planes and lock it (the dimension of half width mullion)
  • now the border is connected with the Reference Planes
  •  put an allign dimension between the two Reference Planes....
  • place some vertical grids inside the border and also a grid on each Reference Plane...lock the grid to the reference plane
  •  put align dimensions from grid to grid and then EQ
  • select the right side Reference Plane and edit the align dimension ... change the dimension with formula : =(number of panels)* (width of panels)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report