Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Walls - Revit Architecture 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cad_cow_24
2127 Views, 3 Replies

Curtain Walls - Revit Architecture 2014

Hi all,

I am completely new to Revit and am trying to model Curtain walls.

Apparently i am supposed to have 3 options of Curtain Walls according to the help  in Revit Arch 2014......i have attached a snip of this (see CW 1), but i only have 2 options in my list (CW 2).  Why is mine missing...i need this one 😞

Cheers

Cad_Cow

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lanl
in reply to: cad_cow_24

Hi cad_cow,

You can check to see if you have the project template file below, if not, I simplified it and put it in attachment.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Templates\US Metric\DefaultMetric.rte

You can create a new project with this template file, then use "Transfer Project Standards" function to transfer "Curtain Wall Types" from this project to your current project. See "curtainwall.JPG".

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 4
cad_cow_24
in reply to: lanl

Howdy, thanks for response. Sounds like it will be a winner....however IT wants to scan links before i download them. Not sure when i will get to try them out. Will keep you posted!
Message 4 of 4
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: cad_cow_24

Cad_Cow

You can simply duplicate and modify one of your existing types of curtain wall to whatever apperance you want. The "default" ones you get in the templates are just curtain walls with different pre-set settings in them.

1. Select your existing curtain wall type
  2. Click on the "Edit Type" button in your properties (See image)
  3. Select "Duplicate" (See image) to create a new CW type and name it whatever you wish
  4. Set up the settings as you wish.

In the attached image, the settings i have input give you this kind of output. A big factor here is the "Layout" option you select, each one does something different. Practice with them to see the kinds of output you get. 

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report