Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Schedule

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ridenho
29397 Views, 9 Replies

Curtain Wall Schedule

We are switching to Revit from ACA at my firm. This is my third project in Revit that has gone to Construction Documents. It is the first time one of the projects has had storefront windows. In ACA, we scheduled storefront windows in a window schedule. Is this possible in Revit? I know it is a wall and I will probably have to create a separate schedule for storefronts which is fine with me. I do not see an option to schedule the height of the wall though. In our window types drawing we refer to the schedule for height and width.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ridenho

aren't curtain wall panels considered "walls"
when it comes to pricing them? isn't curtain
wall glazing just another wall type?

i'm sure you could put a curtain wall panel
in a window schedule as a window if you change
the panel to a generic wall and put a window
in it- and make that window the same size as the
panel- that should do it..

but i never did it that way so i can't promise
you anything..
Message 3 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

The height of a wall or curtain wall can be included in a wall schedule by creating a calculated value named Height (for example), with this formula: Area / Length

Please see attached image.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

On 4/4/2010 9:59 AM, Alfredo_Medina wrote:
> The height of a wall or curtain wall can be included in a wall schedule by creating a calculated value named Height (for example), with this formula: Area / Length
>
> Please see attached image.
>
> Alfredo Medina
> info@planta1.com

as the guy on the other end doing the storefront or curtain wall
detailing using information from the contract docs I don't see what the
use is for a schedule of storefront frames. It would be a clumsy way to
communicate dimensions or detail requirements IMO. Give me an elevation
with well communicated dimension points related to details and I'll
figure out the rest.
--
Dave - DDP
Acad 2010 and Revit 2010
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel I7-860 @2.8GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX260
Message 5 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

I agree. An elevation of the curtain wall with dimensions, notes, etc. will be essential. For that, the user should create an elevation that contains just the curtain wall, and then insert that elevation in the same sheet where he plans to locate the curtain wall schedule.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 10
ridenho

Thanks,

All I really needed was to figure out the Height. It's a shame you have to do a calculated value go get a simple height of a wall! It will seem like overkill to have a schedule for my Storefront system since I only have one, but it will be good to figure this out for our template and future projects. I believe I am going to make a copy of our window tag and use that for the storefront systems. This is how we have been doing it, and I'm sure most people in our firm would like it this way.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I have to agree with Dave and Alfredo, you just can't give all the information in a schedue for storefront. An elevation is the best way to communicate your intent, so why not just bypass the schedule? Referring to storefront as a "window" is a misnomer in my opinion. Storefronts and curtainwalls are walls that you can see through. If you're interested in my method you can read more about it here:

http://www.revithorizon.com/?p=32

Message 8 of 10
dami.lee
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

This method works well when tagging in plans, but when I create a Callout view of the plan, I can't find the Ghost Window that's been attached to the curtain wall.

I've made sure that all of the tag settings are turned on in my Visibility and Graphics.

Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Revit 2015 and you are able to schedule the "Unconnected Height"

I'm not entirely sure what version of Revit that this was introduced. 

Capture.PNG

Didnt realise this was such an old post and didnt know how to delete 😛

Paul.

Message 10 of 10
Seychellian
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report