Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Profile Problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rmintzes
1124 Views, 1 Reply

Curtain Wall Profile Problems

I'm working on a project for my Revit class in grad school, so I'm still a little green when it comes to the program.  I'm constructing one of my old studio projects for the assignment, and the structure is comprised of a cast-in-place concrete wall with a shipping container style corrugated metal veneer.  It's easy enough to make the curtain wall panels, but the catch is that my walls have an irregular angular profile.  As a result, when I cut the profile for, say, the opening for the door in the concrete wall, I get an error message for each panel the angled profile lines cross, or if a horizontal profile line doesn't completely cross through a panel.....and this causes the panels not to be drawn at all.

What's the best way to fix this, because I'd like to be able to cut through these panels at angles, but Revit seems to be somewhat unforgiving.  See the attached screen shots for reference.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosskirby
in reply to: rmintzes

You might want to try some other method than a curtain wall to achieve the corrugated metal facade.  You could use a material of the correct thickness, with a rendering appearance using a bump pattern to get the "depth" for rendering purposes, and just use a standard wall.

Or you could make a standalone component family with the category set to "wall," although it would be a fairly complex family to make.  My suggestion would be to go with the first option.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report