Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Mullion - Ridge Style

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
IMCornish
663 Views, 1 Reply

Curtain Wall Mullion - Ridge Style

I have created a roof using sloped glazing.  The glazing panels are BIM families from a well known insulated panel manufacturer being standing seam panels. It looks fine but lacks a ridge piece and eaves gutters which I do not think the manufacturer has thought about.  I am therefore trying to create mullion profiles to represent these items since roof gutters and fascias will not be accepted by sloping glazing.  Because my sloped glazing roof has a ridge, I have started by trying to model this first and am slowly going mad.

I have tried to create a profile which relates to one of the roof faces and is of a shape that will suit the other but nothing that I have tried has worked and I cannot get any profile to be centred on the grid line.

Currently, having achieved nothing, I don't feel it  is worth showing anything graphically but will happily do so if anyone feels they need to see what I trying to achieve.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_Knight
in reply to: IMCornish

as an idea can you extend the two curtain walls an extra foot, then add a grid line where you wanted to have the ridge mullion... then remove all panels / frames beyond that location.  Then move the two systems and put them next to each other.  Then replace each "ridge" side of the curtain wall with 1/2 a ridge mullion.

see the attached...

you could figure out the correct profile based on the angle of the top two mullions and use it there as well in lieu of the double mullion.

Note: i cant figure out how to "join" the two frames so there isn't an overlapping line.

Untitled-1.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report