Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 1 of 4 (386 Views)
Accepted Solution

Curtain Wall Double Doors

386 Views, 3 Replies
06-03-2013 08:59 AM

Hi

I've made a set of curtain wall double doors that just won't work the way they should!

In the family when I flex the model everything appears fine.  However, when I insert the family into the building model and place a door in the curtain wall the meeting stile is NEVER central (it should be)!

I cannot see anything in the family which would affect the stile position.  As far as I can see it should be tie to the central reference plane which is equidistant between the right and left planes.  Any suggestions?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (377 Views)

Re: Curtain Wall Double Doors

06-03-2013 09:31 AM in reply to: chris.pitt

In the door family, find the Center (Left/Right) reference plane, and unpin it. That gives it the freedom to move at the center of the curtain wall panel. Load again into project, and.... happy face. :smileyhappy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Contributor
mpwuzhere
Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)

06-03-2013 09:35 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Or...you can create another reference plane that is EQ and associate to that one instead of the pinned one...

Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 4 of 4 (332 Views)

06-06-2013 12:32 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I have to say that I'd have never thought of that, especially as It does seem counterintuitive.

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube