Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
ablocha
Message 1 of 6 (635 Views)

Curtain System Panels Reversing

635 Views, 5 Replies
05-08-2008 03:18 PM
When I apply a curtain system to a mass, the curtain panels flip inside to outside as shown in the attached image, when applied to a curved mass surface. Additionally, if these systems are applied independently the system justification (beginning and end) is reversed. I remember reporting this same error in ADT about 9 years ago and it was fixed in the next service pack. Is there any solution to this problem?
Contributor
mikereiter4169
Message 2 of 6 (635 Views)

Re: Curtain System Panels Reversing

05-08-2008 09:37 PM in reply to: ablocha
i had the same issue today with walls with reveals, they were flipped on the interior of the wall. if the wall is drawn from left to right, that places it on the interior, if you draw the wall from right to left, it places it on the exterior. hopefully this simple fix will work for you.
Active Contributor
ablocha
Message 3 of 6 (635 Views)

05-09-2008 05:38 AM in reply to: ablocha
Not quite the same thing. This is an issue specifically with curtain systems. It is just the panel that reverses. Mullions native to the system family definition propogate correctly. The problem occurs with curtain walls as well as curtain systems.
joeyjm
Message 4 of 6 (595 Views)

02-17-2011 07:08 PM in reply to: ablocha

Has anybody got a solution for this? It has been a several years now. Why does it still occur? I know there is a work-around by editing the type parameters to show negative values however this is extremely tedious. Whenever i edit the original mass surface, (eg. shift an edge) the sloped glazing/curtain system flips it's orientation. There seems to be now logic or consistency in the way it does this... I this a bug? (if so why has it taken so long for autodesk to fix). Or is the a particular way to edit the mass surfaces without flipping the attached sloped glazing/curtain system? 

icarumba
Message 5 of 6 (328 Views)

09-20-2012 07:36 AM in reply to: ablocha

Try this: turn the reversed panel into a door, reverse the door swing, and then turn it back into the original type of panel. This has worked for me.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 6 of 6 (317 Views)

09-20-2012 09:31 AM in reply to: ablocha

There are several alternatives of solutions.

1. Make the curtain wall as a divided surface, starting wit the generic adaptive template, and make a panel with the pattern-based curtain panel template. Apply the panel to the surface. If the panels come on the wrong side, select the divided surface and select "flip component" from the properties dialog.
  2. If possible, in the project, make the curtain wall with the curtain wall tool. Make a panel with the curtain panel template, and set that panel as the curtain wall's panel type. If the panels come in the wrong side, select the curtain wall, and use its flip control.
  3. Make a curtain panel family with a flip control, and apply it to a curtain wall element or a curtain system. If a panel comes in the wrong side. Select the panel, and use its flip control.
  4. Make a curtain panel family with two types. One type with the shading device on the interior, and the other panel has the shading device on the exterior. If panels come in the wrong side, select the panels, and change their type.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube