Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain System Panels Reversing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ablocha
7166 Views, 10 Replies

Curtain System Panels Reversing

When I apply a curtain system to a mass, the curtain panels flip inside to outside as shown in the attached image, when applied to a curved mass surface. Additionally, if these systems are applied independently the system justification (beginning and end) is reversed. I remember reporting this same error in ADT about 9 years ago and it was fixed in the next service pack. Is there any solution to this problem?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mikereiter4169
in reply to: ablocha

i had the same issue today with walls with reveals, they were flipped on the interior of the wall. if the wall is drawn from left to right, that places it on the interior, if you draw the wall from right to left, it places it on the exterior. hopefully this simple fix will work for you.
Message 3 of 11
ablocha

Not quite the same thing. This is an issue specifically with curtain systems. It is just the panel that reverses. Mullions native to the system family definition propogate correctly. The problem occurs with curtain walls as well as curtain systems.
Message 4 of 11
joeyjm

Has anybody got a solution for this? It has been a several years now. Why does it still occur? I know there is a work-around by editing the type parameters to show negative values however this is extremely tedious. Whenever i edit the original mass surface, (eg. shift an edge) the sloped glazing/curtain system flips it's orientation. There seems to be now logic or consistency in the way it does this... I this a bug? (if so why has it taken so long for autodesk to fix). Or is the a particular way to edit the mass surfaces without flipping the attached sloped glazing/curtain system? 

Message 5 of 11
davidg-ESa

Try this: turn the reversed panel into a door, reverse the door swing, and then turn it back into the original type of panel. This has worked for me.

Message 6 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

There are several alternatives of solutions.

1. Make the curtain wall as a divided surface, starting wit the generic adaptive template, and make a panel with the pattern-based curtain panel template. Apply the panel to the surface. If the panels come on the wrong side, select the divided surface and select "flip component" from the properties dialog.
  2. If possible, in the project, make the curtain wall with the curtain wall tool. Make a panel with the curtain panel template, and set that panel as the curtain wall's panel type. If the panels come in the wrong side, select the curtain wall, and use its flip control.
  3. Make a curtain panel family with a flip control, and apply it to a curtain wall element or a curtain system. If a panel comes in the wrong side. Select the panel, and use its flip control.
  4. Make a curtain panel family with two types. One type with the shading device on the interior, and the other panel has the shading device on the exterior. If panels come in the wrong side, select the panels, and change their type.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 11

I want to add something to he list above, today, because I am working on something like this.

5. The curtain system can be mirrored. Go to a section view, find a grid line and use it as an axis to mirror the curtain system. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 11

I had similar issue with only one panel flipped in whole curtain wall wall. Solution was to edit the panel family and add flip control which lets me flip it to correct side. Fast and simple though I don't know why it happened (tried using door panel to flip the panel, change to different one and back and subdivide the panel - nothing helped).

Capture.PNG

Message 9 of 11

Message 10 of 11

Ran into this problem with a few panels on my curtain wall and used your solution and it worked. Thank you.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 11
Argworx
in reply to: JBrzezowski

Adding a flip arrow to the panel family in the plan view worked to let me then flip each panel on its own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report