Revit Architecture

nburkhkolder
Message 1 of 4 (252 Views)

Curtain Panel

252 Views, 3 Replies
11-25-2013 09:31 PM
I created a curtain panel family and loaded it into my project where I had created a mass and divided the surface, and changed the panels to be my curtain panel family i created. The mass has a curve that I want the panel to be on the inside of, but the panel is always placed on the outside. File is attached. So on the smaller curve on the north side of my building, the panels are placed on the inside of the building instead of the outside. How can I place the panels on the outside of the building along the curve? Thanks for your help.
nburkhkolder
Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: Curtain Panel

11-25-2013 09:50 PM in reply to: nburkhkolder
For some reason, i am unable to upload an image of the curve i am talking about. Imagine its a curve like this "(" and my panel is automatically populating on the left side and i need it on the right side.
*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 3 of 4 (224 Views)

11-26-2013 01:23 AM in reply to: nburkhkolder

If all is wrong orientated apply Component Flip

If only some columns are flipped and not all of them , you can try to place an edge at the limit where the problem appears and then apply flip:

1. select the curved surface
  2. Modify/Form > Form Element >Add Edge -place the edge in the position where your problem appears
  3. Apply patterns to both areas ..if in one of them has wrong orientation, apply Component Flip - check it

If the rows are wrong orientated use Add Profil

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
nburkhkolder
Message 4 of 4 (197 Views)

11-26-2013 05:14 AM in reply to: constantin.stroescu
Perfect, Thank you. I didn't know about the component flip on the properteries menu. THANKS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube