Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crop Region not visible

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
acme3d
42343 Views, 6 Replies

Crop Region not visible

I have a floor plan view that the crop region is not visible.  the properties of the view have crop view checked, the lightbulb button at the bottom is on.   the only way i can get the crop region to appear is to duplicate the view.  now the problem is i can't delete the original view because i get an error "This action has caused deletion of non-editable Workset ' View "Floor Plan: SECOND FLOOR PLAN - ELEVATION A  temp" '.  i click the button "Make Elements Editable" but it just keeps coming back. 

is there another place where the crop region is turned off?  is there a solution to the error of something being on the View workset?

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan.duell
in reply to: acme3d

I would first verify the following:

1.  View Properties > Crop View checked
2.  View Properties > Crop Region Visible checked
3.  Toggle Reveal Hidden Elements
4.  Check View Properties > Scope Box
5.  Change Visual Style > Wireframe

Specifically for the error message, this typically indicates a conflict in workset assignment in the Revit database.  When attempting to delete one of these elements or use purge unused, Revit cannot automatically reconcile this issue.

In many cases the project file needs to have the database manually corrected.  If you are on Autodesk Subscription I would recommend creating a support case for further assistance.

You may be able to verify if an element in the view is incorrectly assigned to a view workset.  I would test the following:

1.  In the View type VG > Worksets.

2.  Turn all Worksets on the list > Hide.

3.  Now make sure every model \ annotation category is checked active in the view under Model Categories and Annotation Categories.

4.  Hit OK to return to the model view.  If you still see any elements, select them and check the Properties for the workset. 

If you find any element[s] on a view workset you can correct this by setting the current workset under Collaborate > Worksets.  Then cut and paste the element to the same place.  This should move it from the view workset to the correct model workset.

5.  Try to delete the view afterward; this may be where the conflict was and manually correct the database.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 7
eviele

Funny, my original post was in the new IE9 and it was a no show.

Perfect!

We had the exact same issue here Andrew, right down to the crop region showing when we duplicated the view, but not showing at all otherwise.

We're using Design Options and amazingly and magically when I went to the Visible In Option portion of the View Properties and switched it to "all", the crop region showed. I then switched the Visible In Option parameter back to whatever Design Option it was before and the crop region stayed.

If you're using Design Options give that a try.

Best of luck,

e.

Message 4 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: eviele

eviele wrote:

Funny, my original post was in the new IE9 and it was a no show.

Perfect!

________________________________________________________________________________

That explains why the response I posted to another thread the other day was not showing up.  I was using IE 9 as well.  I will have to send that little gem along to the admin.

Thanks!

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 7
acme3d
in reply to: eviele

we use design options as well and as soon as i made this post i was looking at the properties again and saw that the visable in option was set to an option that didn't match the view and i changed it and it showed up.  maybe it's a glitch or something.

thanks for all suggestions.

Message 6 of 7
acme3d
in reply to: ryan.duell

thanks ryan for the explanation.  i've run into that error a few times.  once i found almost a whole room on a view workset and i was able cut it out and paste it back.  i think i tried it in this case but i could not find anything.  i must have forgotten to turn all the catergories.

andrew

Message 7 of 7
duane.smith

I had a similar issue (Section views, on a sheet, that no longer displayed their crop region).  Both the Crop View, and Annotation Crop toggles seemed to have the effect they were supposed to, but I could never see or grab the actual Crop Region, regardless of whether that setting was checked or not.

The way I fixed it...

I just made a copy of the offending views -- with detailing, deleted the old views, and added the new views in their places.

I'm still scratching my head as to why this happened in the first place (must be some kind of bug), but after I wasted a couple of hours in denial, looking for an answer as to why... the fix was shamefully simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report