Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
kate_vanhout
Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)
Accepted Solution

Creating if Parameters

229 Views, 3 Replies
03-22-2013 01:22 PM

I have been working on creating windows for the place I work.  I want to make my windows so they are quick and easy to create new ones without having to add in new information like if the glass is tempered or if its an egress window. I would like to set up formulas for these.  I am stuck at my egress window parameter.  I have included an image of what I am working on and the calculations and formulas I have so far.  I would like to have my egress check box to say yes if the Opening Width is greater then 20", the opening height is greater then 24" and the opening sf is greater then 5.7 Sf.  How would I set this parameter up?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (225 Views)

Re: Creating if Parameters

03-22-2013 01:29 PM in reply to: kate_vanhout

You would want to make use of the AND function to return a single TRUE / FALSE result:

= and( Opening Width > 20", Opening Height > 24", Opening SF > 5.7 SF)

This formula will return TRUE only if all three of the conditions are also TRUE.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Distinguished Contributor
kate_vanhout
Message 3 of 4 (200 Views)

03-22-2013 02:19 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much! I was close but didn't quite have the correct formula and was getting quite frusterated.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 4 (166 Views)

03-23-2013 10:59 AM in reply to: kate_vanhout

Just a question out of curiosity: Does the rule really say greater than, or it says at least, no less than?

Will these two openings meet the egress rule? If the rule says no less than 20" in Width and no less than 24" in Height, and no less than 5.70 SF in Area, these two openings would meet the rule, but your yes/no parameter will not turn On.

3-23-2013 1-50-19 PM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube