Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating if Parameters

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kate_vanhout
436 Views, 3 Replies

Creating if Parameters

I have been working on creating windows for the place I work.  I want to make my windows so they are quick and easy to create new ones without having to add in new information like if the glass is tempered or if its an egress window. I would like to set up formulas for these.  I am stuck at my egress window parameter.  I have included an image of what I am working on and the calculations and formulas I have so far.  I would like to have my egress check box to say yes if the Opening Width is greater then 20", the opening height is greater then 24" and the opening sf is greater then 5.7 Sf.  How would I set this parameter up?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kate_vanhout

You would want to make use of the AND function to return a single TRUE / FALSE result:

= and( Opening Width > 20", Opening Height > 24", Opening SF > 5.7 SF)

This formula will return TRUE only if all three of the conditions are also TRUE.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
kate_vanhout
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much! I was close but didn't quite have the correct formula and was getting quite frusterated.

Message 4 of 4

Just a question out of curiosity: Does the rule really say greater than, or it says at least, no less than?

Will these two openings meet the egress rule? If the rule says no less than 20" in Width and no less than 24" in Height, and no less than 5.70 SF in Area, these two openings would meet the rule, but your yes/no parameter will not turn On.

3-23-2013 1-50-19 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report