Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating balconies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amontri
13129 Views, 3 Replies

Creating balconies

To create balconies, do I just extend the floor out to the balcony area and then add railings?  Or is there a more appropirate way to do it?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: amontri

Hi,

Yes. and simply sketch the railings. However, if they have different finishes, you're better off (in my opinion) in creating the structural floors separate) and then adding the architectural finishes later.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
L.Maas

I would say it depends on what you need to do with it (tags, scheduling).

In my workflow I usually do not have to anything else with the balcony then show it in the drawings.

Further I do not work with many level buildings (usually 1 or 2). In most cases I would have only 1 or 2 balconies. In those cases I do indeed just extend the floor slab. If I would work on a building with many (different) balconies I would consider to make a balcony a separate object so it can be easily copied and moved around.

Further you could consider how it would be constucted in reality.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 4
amontri

Thanks, guys!

It's for a multiple storey building.  I have both balconies and terraces.  For now, the intention is to run energy simulations and heating/cooling loads analysis.  So, probably creating a family of balconies and terraces, then?

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report