Revit Architecture

*Expert Elite*
doni49
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

Creating a walkthrough that "goes upstairs"?

279 Views, 2 Replies
01-17-2013 10:35 AM

I have created two levels and started the walkthrough outside,  It comes in through the front door, walks around the first floor and then goes upstairs.  However when it's "going upstairs" it's as if the camera is parallel to the stair stringer.

Can I get it to keep the camera parallel to the floors?  The last camera placement at the bottom of the stairs is placed 6 foot relative to the first floor and the first camera placement at the top of the stairs is placed 6 foot relative to the second floor.

I even went back and tried making one where the upstairs camera placements are 16 foot relative to the first floor.  I thought maybe that would do it.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Forum links:
AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015
AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoLISP, VB and other AutoCAD customization

Civil 3D General
Civil 3d Cusomization

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Creating a walkthrought that "goes upstairs"?

01-17-2013 11:03 AM in reply to: doni49

You may want to take a look at this article in the wikihelp.  You can adjust the camera path/position, the camera focus, and add keyframes.  You probably need to do all 3 of these to make the walkthrough appear to "walk" up the stairs.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tips_and_Tricks/Rendering_and_Walkthroughs/Adjust_a...

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
*Expert Elite*
doni49
Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)

Re: Creating a walkthrought that "goes upstairs"?

01-17-2013 11:04 AM in reply to: loboarch

Thanks.  I'll check it out.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Forum links:
AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015
AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoLISP, VB and other AutoCAD customization

Civil 3D General
Civil 3d Cusomization

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube