Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Roof

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
T.pot
223 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a Roof

I am haveing problems creating a roof on my house. I have a six wall house but only a 2 plane roof. When I try to make a roof by footprint it only lets me make a roof with 6 planes. I also tried to create a roof by extruding but can not select a plane to start my drawing. If any one can give me any information on how to create a two plane roof by footprint or creting it by extruding please repy.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: T.pot

When using Roof by Extrusion, go to an elevation or section view, then set the Workplane by selecting a plane--a Wall,

then you will be able to sketch the shape you want to extrude. Use the Tab key to cycle trhu various planes. You can also draw a new Reference Plane, name it, then select it from the dropdown list when setting Workplane.

You might also want to try using separate roofs, with a slope arrow or select one of the sketch lines to "define slope".

(Instead of footprint roof.)

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
ChrisNeedhamNZ
in reply to: T.pot

When creating the sketch lines in "Roof by footprint" you have probably got all lines set as slope defining. Select the lines that you don't want to define a slope, and uncheck the box that says "Defines slope."

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report