Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
kate_vanhout
Message 1 of 5 (376 Views)
Accepted Solution

Creating Wall Based Family

376 Views, 4 Replies
10-30-2012 02:34 PM

I want to Create a Wall Nitch that will be in a tiled shower we are doing.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to create a family that cuts into a wall? I don't want to Create an opening, because I don't want it going all the way through the wall.  I am not sure how to go about this.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

Re: Creating Wall Based Family

10-30-2012 02:45 PM in reply to: kate_vanhout

Make a face-based family with a void, and cut the void from the sample face in the family editor. Once you load this into a project, and put it on the face of the wall, it will cut the wall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
kate_vanhout
Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

10-30-2012 02:52 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I tried this and couldnt get it to work.  Do you have an example of one that you got to work?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

10-30-2012 05:25 PM in reply to: kate_vanhout

In the family editor, do Cut geometry, select the void, select the sample volume. It should cut the wall in the project, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
kate_vanhout
Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)

10-31-2012 05:31 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks so much!! I completely missed the step of using Cut Geometry. Oops!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube