Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Simple Beams

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PhilvK
595 Views, 4 Replies

Creating Simple Beams

I am still new to this, and am doing a simple project to get comfortable with the basics. This project calls for a roof beam consisting of 3 – 2x12’s. I’ve successfully added a single 2x12, but am not sure how to make it a triple beam in Revit. The plan view also just shows it as a single thick line, whereas I am leaning towards show it with its 1½” thickness. Is it OK to create these beams using “massing”, or is there a better way? Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: PhilvK

Follow up: I copied a 2x12 family beam to get a triple 2x12 beam, but can’t get them joined together correctly. The left image on the attachment to this message is how it looks in Revit. The image on the right is how I want it to look, but can’t seem to get the 2x12s to respond to the trim / extend commands. Am I trying to force things unnaturally? IS there a video tutorial someone can guide me to please?

Message 3 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

You could use the Align or Trim/Extend feature

Here is a video that may help

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/31712208-3db5-429f-a88a-474b8edf2141

keep me posted

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Wow! Thanks Alaaeldin. That was very helpful. - Phil

Message 5 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

You are welcome Smiley Happy

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report