Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Room Under Curved Ramp

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
pandiraj
2918 Views, 12 Replies

Creating Room Under Curved Ramp

Under a non-Geometric Curved Ramp We cannot create Wall for the shape to meet the ramp bottom. If created with a ramp entity we cannot place door in the ramp enity. Is there any solution???
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: pandiraj

Please see attached image.

Picture 1 shows a vehicular ramp in a garage building, as an example.
Start with Component > Model In-Place. In Category and Parameters, select Walls. Then proceed with Solid > Swept Blend.
Picture 2 shows a swept blend operation ready to go. Profile1 is the section of the lowest end of the wall. Profile2 is the section of the highest end of the wall. The arc on the first level is the path, which is a projection of the outer curve of the ramp above.
Picture 3 shows the finished swept blend operation.
Picture 4 shows the wall, now with material applied, and some doors in it.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 13
pandiraj

Amazing...

Thanks Alfredo_Medina for your kind solution.
Message 4 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

You're welcome.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 13
vittete

Could you please explain how to change the normal wall into a curtain.
thank you
Message 6 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

Actually, for curtain walls the solution is a little different.
1. New > Conceptual mass.
2. Draw the curved path on the floor, and the two sections at the ends.
3. Select the path and the two sections, > Create form.
4. Load into project, locate it on the floor.
5. In a 3d view in the project, Curtain System > Select the outer face of the form > Finish system.

Please see attached image.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Message 7 of 13
vittete

Wow, thank you very much, you helped me a lot 🙂
I didn't expect such a fast respond, thanks again !
Message 8 of 13
bygeorge
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I am having a really challenging time creating a complex curved ramp and attaching a wall to it. When I attempt to pick a path for the sweep blend tool it will only let me pick one section of the curves. When making the curve I have to create several segments in order to get the complex curve. Is there a way to join the lines so that the path will reach from the beginning to the end of the ramp without running into this segmenting problem? Please see attached photos for more information.

Thanks!

P.S. You mentioned you projected the line of the ramp to the floor. How does one project a line? THANKS!

Message 9 of 13
vittete
in reply to: bygeorge

Not sure if it's gonna help, but:

model in place

if it's a wall, pick wall

start by selecting (i think) swept blend

Pick a path of the ramp (all the path of the ramp)

finish

select 1 profile

edit profile

draw profile

finish

select 2 profile

edit profile

draw profile

finish

and complete the swept blend function

done

Message 10 of 13
bygeorge
in reply to: vittete

Thanks for your reply. The issue I am having is when it comes to picking a path. It will only allow me to pick one segment of the path. When making the arc I have to click several times along the curve in order to capture its complexity. That unfortunately gives me these segments and hence the path problem. Any suggestions on how to work around this would be great. From what I?ve read so far you can?t join line segments into one continuous line in Revit like you can in AutoCAD, but I hope I?m wrong.

Thanks again for helping me out!
Byron
Message 11 of 13
vittete

could you sent the model of the ramp to v.tetervov@edu.salford.ac.uk ?
I'll see what what i can do. cheers
Message 12 of 13
Alfredo_Medina

@bygeorge wrote:

I am having a really challenging time creating a complex curved ramp and attaching a wall to it. ..

If none of the methods described in my previous posts above works, then, it might be a task for an adaptive family, as shown in this video. After the family is placed horizontally, you can lift the adaptive points to the desired height.

Message 13 of 13
cbcarch

Another method is to use a Floor instead of a Ramp, and then simply attach the Wall(s) to the bottom side of the Floor.

A Curtain Wall may be used, but it will be "segmented" arcs, not a true curved glass wall.

Creating a spiral Floor is a bit of a challenge, but it can be done by editing Points and giving elevations, or perhaps using a Slope Arrow.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report