Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Detail View call-out without head, tail, or boundary line.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ToanDN
6976 Views, 11 Replies

Create a Detail View call-out without head, tail, or boundary line.

How do I place a call-out only without head, tail, or anything else?  Currently I have to create a Detail Call-out and stretch the boundary to a very small rectangle so it won't show up when print.  And I don't want fake call-outs that don't link.

Thanks a lot.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ryan.duell
in reply to: ToanDN

One approach could be as follows:

1.  Manage > Additional Settings > Callout Tags > Duplicate > Name accordingly

2.  Set Callout Head > None, OK

3.  Add Detail Callout > Select > Edit Type > Duplicate > Name accordingly > Set Callout Tag > new type

4.  This will remove head geometry, and then you could simply hide the dashed callout line by element in the view:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/tc1EgxRlh

Hope this helps, thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks.  I will give it a try.

Message 4 of 12
adafchik

What if I wanted to create a new callout tag that can be placed (separately) at the end of a line of text.  Such as:  Refer to Detail 10 / A501     How would I modify a reference tag to make it work like this?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
kczege
in reply to: ryan.duell

the screen cast link is not working. it would be nice to see because the instructions do not work. Thanks.
Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

I think the easiest way to do it is using View Reference where you can pick any View in the project. You can add anything to the callout symbol such as text, matchline symbol, etc... You can even copy and paste them easily.
Message 7 of 12
adafchik
in reply to: adafchik

This is the one I use.  When you are in a view, go to "View, Sheet Composition" and choose "View Reference" to use this as a free-standing view reference.  It is separate from the text string, so if you add text, you'll need to move the reference over.

Message 8 of 12
deermanglassdesign

Message 9 of 12
kczege

I see how this would have some use, but I am not seeing how this tag could be used to reference a view (not the current view, and its detail and sheet number). Am I maybe missing a button where I could link a different view to be displayed in this tag?
Message 10 of 12
adafchik

see attached image to use "View Reference" on ribbon.

Message 11 of 12
adafchik

Then once you click the button, the green status bar offers you a drop-down for selecting other views you'd like to reference.  Hope this helps!

Message 12 of 12
kczege

yes! I get it now! I missed the options up there... thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report