Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash, Material (shading) update on Imported SAT file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marlasmith
237 Views, 1 Reply

Crash, Material (shading) update on Imported SAT file

I have an SAT file that I inserted into a Conceptual Mass Family and then loaded into a Revit project.

I have changed the name of the object in the Object Styles/Imported Objects dialog and assigned a unique material to it as well.

When I load it into the project its generally fine, sections/plans/elevations/section boxes work fine.

When I try to update the material settings or the material it retains the original material settings.  After the second attempt at assigning a new material: Crash Error Unexpected something or other Shut down.

I opened the original Mass famiily and updated the material shading once and it worked fine.  I did it again and: Crash Error Unexpected something or other Shut down.

This is not my first time to use this process.  Probably the fiftieth time.  However it is the first time I've used it in 2014 with the new(really old) improved (fixed) materials dialog.

Is there a bug or known issue in 14 vs. 13.  Am I missing a hotfix?  It works on 13.

Thanks,

M

M Smith
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LisaDrago
in reply to: marlasmith

There is an update for '14 - do you have that installed? And are you still experiencing the issue?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report