Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countertop Shapes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cjp
Enthusiast
2059 Views, 5 Replies

Countertop Shapes

For some reason my Revit model does not show the new altered shape of the new counters. As seen in the attached image the 3d model shows the change, but the plan does not. On the "L shaped" side the rectangle can be clicked n and will show the correct item in the properties it just does not display correctly. On the other side the cabinet still shows up as a rectangle but the countertop is missing all togeather. It is the same height as the others so it is not a view range issue, I do not think. I am fairly new to Revit so this may be a super simple fix that I am overlooking. Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ChrisNeedhamNZ
in reply to: cjp

For the "L" shaped unit, my guess is that the benchtops' visibility is turned off in plan view in the family editor, and that there is symbolic linework that is still showing the original shape.

Same deal for the other unit, except there is no symbolic lines.

In the family editor, select the 3D countertop, and click the "Visibility Settings" on the ribbon, then select "Plan/RCP."

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand
Message 3 of 6
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: ChrisNeedhamNZ

There is some progress, but not quite what I need. The coutertop is now rounded but still has maintained the squared edge as well. Is there anyway to have only the rounded edge. (see attached photo's yellow arrow for current conditions). The red arrow shows the new cabinets showing up but not the countertop? I can tell this by the extra lines that are shown. I would prefer that the line the arrow is pointing to (which is the toekick line under the cabinet not show up, but be more like the other one, which is showing the countertop and not the cabinet. 

Message 4 of 6
ChrisNeedhamNZ

I think that you have got symbolic linework still showing for the yellow arrow.

And for the red arrow, I think that the visibility of the 3D counter top is turned off in plan views.

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand
Message 5 of 6
Alisder.Brown

Hey there

I'm assuming you have edited the OOTB Revit family? or a downloaded one?

Either way, As Chris mentioned, most people and most of the default Revit families use Symbolic lines AND masked regions in a plan view. So, you can either delete the symbolic lines, detail lines and the masked region from the family in plan view and make sure you set the counter-top to be visible in w/e views you want. Or you can edit the lines and masked region to reflect your changes to the 3D element. Your choice.

Personally i would create my own just for quickness and ease of editability.

Hope this helps 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 6 of 6

I had the same issue with counter top modifications not visible. The visibility setting you describe fixed it. thank You. FYI, I remember the same issue coming up in Revit Class in college. The professor could not help us solve the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report