Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter Elevations

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
mike_key
894 Views, 17 Replies

Counter Elevations

I am trying to generate counter elevations from my Revit Model. I am designing a coffee bar area and have developed a Revit family for a "U" shaped counter. In trying to set up my elevation, I notice my elevation views of the inside right or indise left of the "U" shaped counter are blocked by the opposite leg of the counter.

Also, I am trying to generate an elevation of my rear support counter and it seems to be blocked by the bottom of the "U" shaped counter. I have attached a sketch of the plan view of where I have set up my elevation views for anyone interested in looking at it.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mike_key

Elevations have a plane (like sections do). You might have accidentally moved that plane. Click on the elevation symbol. Do you see a blue line that is not where the elevation symbol is? Most likely, it is behind the wall. Drag it close to the elevation symbol.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 18
gustavomello

Maybe i'm missing something here, but have you checked your elevation's position (the dash dot line that appears when you select the elevation symbol)? It must be near the position of the thick lines on your sketch, if they are behind the walls the results will be the ones you're describinf on your post.

Gustavo

Message 4 of 18
mike_key
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

The .pdf I included show where I have placed the plane in an attempt to make sure I do not get the opposite side of the counter in the elevation. I does not seem to have worked.
Message 5 of 18
mike_key
in reply to: gustavomello

No matter where I place the plane view (the solid thick line in my sketch) or where I extend the dotted lines for the view, the counter opposite the elevation still obstructs my elevation.

Message 6 of 18
Alfredo_Medina

Well, if the blue plane is in the correct place, perhaps you should upload a simplified version of that file here, to see it. Maybe just that room with the elevations.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 18

Maybe your elevation is referencing another elevation which is outside that area? Unlikely but possible...

Message 8 of 18
mike_key

How would I go about making a simplified version of just the room?

Message 9 of 18
Alfredo_Medina

Maybe copy paste-just that portion to a new project and make the interior elevations again?

Message 10 of 18
mike_key

Here is a sample of the project with the counters in question. I could not get the sample below the Forum's 5mb files size so here is a link to it on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxxq12v5ljbjq2v/Sample%20Elevation%20Project.rvt

Message 11 of 18
Alfredo_Medina

I don't see any problem with the interior elevations.

2-10-2014 1-26-46 PM.gif

Message 12 of 18
mike_key

Not to waste too much of your time. Could you try to shoot 3D camera views of the rear counter and side counter from inside the coffee bar area? THEN you might see the problem.

Message 13 of 18
mike_key

Here a quick view of the 3D views of the counter.

Message 14 of 18
gustavomello

I can see now (i think). Is your counter family category furniture or furniture systems? They can´t be cut and your elevation extension is touching the one that's in the back. This way it is shown in the elevation. You could try the casework category which can be cut in the views.

Gustavo

Message 15 of 18
mike_key

My counter family is actually Specialty Equipment since foodservice equipment does not have its own catagory. Would I be able to redraw my counters using the Casework template to be able to cut sections and recatagorize the  family as Specialty Equipment to get it to Tag properly?

Message 16 of 18
Alfredo_Medina

If the category is the problem, you don't have to redraw the family, as you say. Simply change the category for one that can be cut with section lines, such as casework. A counter is casework by default, by the way.

Message 17 of 18

Mike, has changing the counter category solved the issue?

Message 18 of 18
MDI_CAD

I was having the same issue and changing my countertop from the "Furniture" category to "Casework" fixed the problem. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report