Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost estimating in schedules: how to combine categories

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HVAC-Novice
788 Views, 5 Replies

Cost estimating in schedules: how to combine categories

I created schedules inc. cost for Light fixtures, Lighting control etc. For each of the 3 schedules I was able to add the cost (based on the cost I put into the family). The problems I'm having are:

1. if i show the cost in the schedule view, it will show up on the sheet set. i just want to use if for cost estimating, but not show on the plans (i don't want to manually hide/un-hide all the time when i want to see the cost) - i could duplicate that schedule and hide the cos columns on the one i put on the sheet. but that seems archaic and doubles the number of schedules
  2. i don't see a way to combine the cost. Right now I only have 3 schedules and can add those up in my head, but like to automatically do that for many schedules. i know i could export to Excel.. but that takes away the whole "Revise instantly" idea and I want to be able to see right away what cost changes when I add or delete items. 

i gooled but didn't find a way to estimate cost, but think thsi could easily accomplished since Revit has all the data that are needed.

Revit version: R2024.2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
parveen.revit
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

what is the reason stopping you to duplicate the schedules and remove cost parameter from the schedule placed on sheet.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 3 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: parveen.revit

it would clutter up my project by doubling the number of schedules, and it still would not add up the total cost of the project (or discipline, or phase)

Message 4 of 6
parveen.revit

would it be feasible for you to do all these cost analysis in Excel (after export).

You can reload the data from revit into excel sheet whenever you model gets changed.

Message 5 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: parveen.revit

this all is possible as a workaround. The same as me manually adding up the $-values in the schedules. but this all contradicts the idea of revise-instantly.

My plan is when i delete 9or add) an item, i see instantly what the cost impact is. It seems this would be easy to add for Autodesk. they could make a function to add all cost of each phase etc.

but it seems they haven't implemented something like that and we have to use manual workarounds. So this would be good for the future to add.

Thanks for your advise anyway. it seems there isn't a satisfying solution at the moment.

Message 6 of 6
parveen.revit

it should be added to wishlist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report