Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
odette92
406 Views, 3 Replies

Corrupted file

When I open up my Revit file, it says that it is corrupted and that I should contact Autodesk Support? How can I retrieve my Revit file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VWD-MLM
in reply to: odette92

Depending on what 'type' of file depends on the backup.........If it's a standalone rvt file, look for the backups that end with .0001, .0002....these numbers and sequencing depends on how often you accessed and and saved the rvt file.

IF.you have a workshared "central file", you can use the backup folder that goes with it and restored back to some time when you knew it was okay.....you'll need to create new 'local' files afterward tho.......

IF...workshared, AND the central is corrupted..........you can backup your local file.......and save as a new Central......same procedures as restoring Central files......just saving as a new central afterward and creating new local is ectra steps involved.

One other option that sometimes works for corrupt files....rather than open the file thru the Recent Files UI, go to Open>file>pick your file and check the audit box, and see what happens.  Can us this method with workshared also,,,,,bjust clcik on the Detach from Central box and click tha audit box when doing so..........if it can be salvaged, then again just save as new Central File and create new local(s).

HTH

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 4
jpemm
in reply to: VWD-MLM

@mike

What happens if the backup files ".0001, .0002" etc are also corrupted? Is there still a way of recovering that file?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
tim.winnington
in reply to: jpemm

Try this link

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17680194&linkID=9243099

Otherwise you can send the file to Autodesk for hopeful recovery but that does take time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report