Revit Architecture

Message 1 of 5 (474 Views)

Corner Trim

474 Views, 4 Replies
10-11-2007 09:12 AM
I am curious if anyone has found any particularly good way of adding exterior vertical corner trim to a model, say, 2x6 or 2x8 wrapped around a corner.
Message 2 of 5 (472 Views)

Re: Corner Trim

10-11-2007 09:17 AM in reply to: mtnsmith
I would just make a corner trim family and make an extrusion the height and size you need. You could then add a detail component to the family if you wanted it to show a wood hatch, etc. for a plan section detail.
*cdv
Message 3 of 5 (474 Views)

10-11-2007 06:21 PM in reply to: mtnsmith
Try the attached file I got from revitcity.

wrote in message news:5746958@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am curious if anyone has found any particularly good way of adding
exterior vertical corner trim to a model, say, 2x6 or 2x8 wrapped around a
corner.
Distinguished Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (473 Views)

10-14-2007 04:50 AM in reply to: mtnsmith
Hosted Wall Sweeps from the Model tab of the Design Bar allow you to have horizontal and vertical sweeps. I have used this tool as well as creating a corner board family as recommended by the other posts.

You could also create an in-place family for this corner board condition if you do not want to create a new family (RFA file).

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and REalize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 5 of 5 (475 Views)

10-15-2007 10:16 AM in reply to: mtnsmith
I did the same thing as Mel Persin suggested. I created a parametric profile, and use it as a vertical wall sweep. You have to watch that you are snapping the sweep to the end of the wall, and if you change the exterior finish thickness, the sweeps can get deleted. There is also a flip profile symbol that allows you to flip the profile so that it is facing the correct direction after being placed. I also found that you should place the sweeps one corner at a time.

Chris St.Clair
cstc@mts.net

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube