Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)
Accepted Solution

Copying the 2d detailng lines and components from one file to another

102 Views, 1 Replies
06-13-2012 10:05 AM

Is it possible to do so? If not, how can I break the file apart so that I can work on the 2d detailing within the Revit file while the other guy is working on the other part of the file.

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: Copying the 2d detailng lines and components from one file to another

06-13-2012 10:22 AM in reply to: diesellam

diesellam wrote:

Is it possible to do so? If not, how can I break the file apart so that I can work on the 2d detailing within the Revit file while the other guy is working on the other part of the file.

You can cut and paste detail elements from one file to another.  If you are working strictly with 2d views and have no need to reference the model you can also create drafting views in one file and then use the insert from file tool to insert the drafting views into the target project.  You can also use this tool to import the 2d elements from views in a source project into a target project.  The final option might be to directly work in the same file as the other guy by enabling worksharing.  This way multiple users can work in the same file and even be working on the same view at one time.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube