Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying the 2d detailng lines and components from one file to another

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
diesellam
206 Views, 1 Reply

Copying the 2d detailng lines and components from one file to another

Is it possible to do so? If not, how can I break the file apart so that I can work on the 2d detailing within the Revit file while the other guy is working on the other part of the file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
loboarch
in reply to: diesellam

@diesellam wrote:

Is it possible to do so? If not, how can I break the file apart so that I can work on the 2d detailing within the Revit file while the other guy is working on the other part of the file.

You can cut and paste detail elements from one file to another.  If you are working strictly with 2d views and have no need to reference the model you can also create drafting views in one file and then use the insert from file tool to insert the drafting views into the target project.  You can also use this tool to import the 2d elements from views in a source project into a target project.  The final option might be to directly work in the same file as the other guy by enabling worksharing.  This way multiple users can work in the same file and even be working on the same view at one time.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report