Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy detail components family from project to another project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SimonFalardo
2036 Views, 3 Replies

Copy detail components family from project to another project

Hi,

I searched a lot on that subject, but I didn't found any yes or no answer.

Is it possible by importing a drafting view or copying 2D details, to not duplicate the detail components families ? I tried many ways, but I always get my families duplicated.

Copying 'Gypsum' will always duplicate with 'Gypsum1', even if they are exacly the same original family.

So is there a way or I have to deal with that ?

If there's no way, I will stop searching

Thanks !

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jason_S
in reply to: SimonFalardo

Keep searching and post back here.....   🙂   Just Kidding

I gave up my search long ago on this subject.  I deal with it but sometimes I get the bug and try to clean the duplicates out of the projects.

The process I found that works pretty well is scroll down to the families section of the Project Browser.  Find the "Gypsum (1)" family name and click on it right click and select "Select All instances In Entire Project".  Then I go to the properties palette and switch it out to the "Gypsum" version.  Then delete "Gypsum (1)" from the list.

I repeat this process until all duplicates are removed.  It isn't a fast process but works, and I only do this when I have time and need a break from other tasks.  It sure would be nice to have to option to keep existing or create a duplicate as you bring things in.

10.jpg

Hope this helps some in your quest for an answer.

Message 3 of 4
SimonFalardo
in reply to: Jason_S

That's what I think, thank you for your clear answer !

I already do your select instance trick, but some of my components has lengh parameter, so when I swith, the components gets the default lengh... wich is bad

Thanks !
Message 4 of 4
SimonFalardo
in reply to: SimonFalardo

Finally, I had a project parameter applied to the components détails, that revit uses as a difference between the 2 projects.

So if the famillies are the same, they are not supposed to dupplicate ! (supposed to 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report