Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Mirror Stairs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kai.alaska
3277 Views, 6 Replies

Copy/Mirror Stairs

I have stairs in a group, and have mirrored the group. The stairs do not create when I mirror this group, and I get this error.

"Couldn't generate surfaces for stairs."

I have tried removing the stairs from the group, and copy them, and they mess up with this error:

"Highlighted lines overlap. Lines may not form closed loops."

These stairs are in a quadplex, and are exactly the same in each unit. Is it not possible to copy stairs? or mirror them? Do they need to be created individually?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: kai.alaska

You should be able to mirror, copy, rotate, etc. the stair. See the below link (short video with no sound)

http://www.screencast.com/users/AlanQuinn/folders/Jing/media/eb77d366-116b-4bf3-9567-ecdc4ae74e89

I created the first stair and added a few Reference Planes to Mirror the Stair around, but you can use anything a mirror point. In the past I have used wall, furniture etc. Copying can get tricky as you have to make sure you pick up everything, but it’s also possible.

Hope this helps,

Message 3 of 7
kai.alaska
in reply to: alan.quinn

I continue to get errors when I try to Copy or Mirror my stairs as long as I have the stringers left and stringer right properties set to 'closed' .

As soon as I changed those stringer properties to 'none' or 'open', I am able to copy/mirror at will.

Message 4 of 7
augidomeo

Dont thinking 3d modeling,

Think that you are building,

Thanks the Revit programmers

Please see my stais case

dotuanhanh.blogspot.com
Message 5 of 7
alan.quinn

I tested “none” and “open” and was still able to mirror. Can you upload a copy of your file and I’ll take a look at it?

Message 6 of 7
kai.alaska
in reply to: alan.quinn

Alan,

Do you have an email I can send this file to?

Message 7 of 7
alan.quinn

Please post it here of drop it in Dropbox and send me the link.

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report