Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a Family from Wall Based to Face Based.......

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
doni49
6761 Views, 6 Replies

Convert a Family from Wall Based to Face Based.......

In the past, I've read a bunch of posts stating that it can't be done.

But I just read a blog entry that kinda turns that on its ear.

www.jarodschultz.com/revit-wallface-based-family-trick/

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MKFreiert
in reply to: doni49

anyone able to get this to work? not able to select families in copy mode (in either 12 or 13)
Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: MKFreiert

There are specific Family Categories that can be the subject of Copy/Monitor - make sure that the original Family is of one of the valid Categories (you can change it back afterwards). You can sift through Revit Help to see if you can find the specific list, or you can just use Plumbing Fixtures.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
MKFreiert
in reply to: CoreyDaun

i sorted it out.

lighting families seem to work, and it has to be done in an MEP build/set of options of Revit, so my arch 2012 wasn't working.
Message 5 of 7
anthonyatpvh

I think it may be an MEP thing. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpDDl4zdxSA shows a Coordination Settings button in the Copy Monitor Tools panel that I don't have and can't find. The elements I can monitor are Levels, Grids, Columns, Walls and Floors. I tried using Revit instead of Revit Architecture with no luck.

Message 6 of 7
MKFreiert
in reply to: anthonyatpvh

it also seems to insert certain things into the new families... some of my families now have light fixture types tags added to them... hmm... this is seeming less useful.
Message 7 of 7
lhanvey

I just tried this solution out, a few times, it works like a CHARM.  Thank you Jarod!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report