Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control which objects flip?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ChuckEdwards
3038 Views, 5 Replies

Control which objects flip?

I've just spent a day creating a set of door families, each with the door opening out.

I now want to have a variation with the door opening inwards (same frame etc) and if I was doing it with Autocad 2D would do so by having a flip grip and selecting only the frame, door panel, swing etc to flip about a certain centreline.

This doesn't seem possible in Revit, flipping seems to all or nothing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

Sorry for the delay of response on this one. If you wish for certain elements within the Family to be flippable, you will have to manually build that into your Family. There may be more than one way to accomplish this depending on the nature of the situation. One such method would be to using inverse Yes/No Parameters; essentially, model both the flipped and unflipped elements and link their Visibility to a Yes/No Parameter, and set the formula to one as =not(TheOtherOne ) so that only one Yes/No parameters is enabled at any given time.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
ChuckEdwards
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

Thanks.

I was hopeing there was something obvious I'd missed, seems not.

Simpler (and less confusing) to just saveas to create another family and then modify that, than remodel just about everything to give a choice.

Charles.

Message 4 of 6

Just a comment: a door family opens in one direction in the family, and then the door can be flipped in, out, left, right, in the project, with the flip controls or with the space bar.  What is the need to represent different positions of a door inside the family?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

yeah we currently have this situation. We have an external door with a cill included in the family. We want the cill to always appear on the exterior face so when you flip which way the door swings the cill will always be on the outside. Can't quite figure a way around this at the moment.

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Draw two sills and use yes/no to control which one to show in project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report