Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour lines - can they be turned off?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
octavio2
18163 Views, 9 Replies

Contour lines - can they be turned off?

I have a site plan and also a 3D view in which the contour lines show.  When I try to hide them, then the ground surface also disappears and the footings of the building show.

will like to know if I can just turn the contour lines off from my views (inlcuding the 3D) without affecting the anything else like the visibility of the site and of the ground and of the exterior uneven sloped surfaces.

Is there a way or setting that you could advice? (I assume that there is a buttom there somewhere that I haven't discovered yet).

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: octavio2

VG > Topography > Primary Contours, Secondary Contours...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
octavio2
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks, Alfredo, it worked.

I am trying to correct certain things of a site that I have been working with for a long time.

On the 3D view of the building and the site, which I have in Hidden Line, all the trees show a rond base like if there is a mount or mulch under them.  It is not a big issue, but I also wonder if that round  base could be turned off.  I tried Planting in VG and turned off "Hoidded Lines", but nothing happened, so it seems that the round base is controlled by something else?

Message 4 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

The tree is a family. Therefore, open the tree family, and modify it.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10
octavio2

Thanks, Alfredo.

Message 6 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

No problem.

Please remember that the post that should be marked as the solution is the post that includes the solution, not other posts with comments in the same thread.

Message 7 of 10
Kooda
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

"VG" ???????
Message 8 of 10
chrisplyler
in reply to: Kooda

The Visibility Graphics settings of a view, accessible in the Properties Pallete when only the view itself is selected.

Message 9 of 10

I tried this and it did not work. I went to VG, topography, and unchecked primary and secondary contour lines and they still appear. I am in a 3D view. Is there something I'm missing? 

Tags (2)
Message 10 of 10

I restarted Revit 2019 and it seems to work now. I also had a revit link that looks like it doesn't get impacted by view templates and thus I have to VG in all views and uncheck the revit link contour lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report