Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Step in Slab Annotation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
IAN~JAMES
7615 Views, 4 Replies

Concrete Step in Slab Annotation

Hi,

I've had a request from on of our users to replicate something that has been done for years in 2D CAD. They want a marker to show changes in floor levels that look something like this:-

Concrete Step Tag.JPG

The annotation needs to be able to read the slab on either side of the step marker and hopefully if possible the difference be represented as text. The datum levels are secondary and it is really the depth of the step that seems to be more important. I do however want to avoid these being just dumb text as if/when the design evolves someone will forget to modify the text.

Here is an example of a few showing two steps in the slab and the resilts we would want.

Concrete Step Examples.JPG

I have tried loading/nesting a standard spot level in thinking if I had two in an annotation that this might work, but I was unable to even place a spot marker within the family which makes some sense I suppose.

Is this even technically possible...??? I realise the origin usually determines what hosts the family and how, but I guess we are looking for something with a double origin, which is why I think this may not be possible...???

Any ideas...?

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: IAN~JAMES

At the moment, it is posible to show both the top and bottom spot elevations, but not the the thickness. Probably you can show the thickness in a separate floor tag.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
IAN~JAMES

Ahhh interesting... How would you achieve the two levels...? And is it possible to do a mathematical subtraction between the two values and use a label within the same tag to show the result in the parameter...?

Thanks in advance for any advice on which annotation family to start with on this...

Regards
Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

Showing the two elevations, top and bottom, is easy. Just look at the instance properties of the spot elevation, and choose that option for Display Elevations.

Showing the subtraction between the two values is not easy because those two values are not available as parameters. As I said before, you could show the thickness of the slab in a separate tag. However, I think that it is kind of redundant information if the top and bottom elevation are already provided.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
dangrens
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hi, This is a really interesting topic for me...I am doing slabs plans for Archi office and show SFL's throughout as well as level differences.. Issue is the revit family I use is completely manually operated... I just type the difference in Rl's...Its a poor way of doing it because it allows for user errors and doesn't update if the levels change. Is there a family that updates when a level is change / calculates the difference inn levels?? This would be a brilliant family....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report