Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
samu3
Message 1 of 4 (467 Views)
Accepted Solution

Conceptual mass: create form, how to convert solid to surface?

467 Views, 3 Replies
02-05-2014 02:16 AM

Hi All,

While working in the conceptual mass environment, I have inserted a closed profile (1 polyline) from a dwg file.

What I need is to either extrude or sweep this profile as a surface, but obviously Create Form only gives me the solid option.

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you,

Samu

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (444 Views)

Re: Conceptual mass: create form, how to convert solid to surface?

02-05-2014 03:57 AM in reply to: samu3

Redraw that shape using reference lines and splines. When you use Create form on reference lines, Revit gives you two alternatives: surface or solid. When you use model lines, there is no choice, but just solid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

02-05-2014 01:11 PM in reply to: samu3

maybe I didn't understood you well ....

Is this what you want ?:

A

Image 02.png

or this ( at what Alfredo refers to ):

B

Image 05.png

If it is A then do the first steps indicated by Alfredo and when you have to select the line segments do it without one segment ( so to have an open shape) and Create Form > Solid Form:

Image 01.png

Then , as a last step select the conector segment and Create Form > Solid Form. 

Strecth the uper edge till it reach the uther uper edges...

Image 06.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Valued Contributor
samu3
Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)

02-18-2014 11:56 PM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thank you Alfredo and Constantin :smileyhappy:

I was referring to A, and you gave me a clear answer.

Thanks again!

Samu

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube