Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer wiht both Revit 2013 and Revit 2014 will work OK?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
octavio2
4223 Views, 9 Replies

Computer wiht both Revit 2013 and Revit 2014 will work OK?

Will a computer that has both Revit 2013 and Revit 2014 installed at the same time work well?

Will each of the versions work well when run without any glitches? (Assuming that only one of the versions will be open to work with at any one time).

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: octavio2

I have them both on my computer. And they both work fine.

Just remember to install update release 1 and 2 for Revit 2013. Revit 2014 will install .NET Framework 4.5 as prereq and it will cause some problem to Revit 2013.

The updates will fix it.

If you need the links:

Ribbon hotfix for Revit 2012
Revit 2013 Update Release 1
Revit 2013 Update Release 2
Revit Architecture 2013 Update Release 1
Revit Architecture 2013 Update Release 2
Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 1
Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 2
Revit Structure 2013 Update Release 1
Revit Structure 2013 Update Release 2

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 3 of 10
M-Town_Drafter

I have Revit LT 2013 and 2014 both installed.  I had them both up and running at the same time, just to compare performance, check for differences in the UI, etc.  I don't think that the full versions of Revit would tax hardware much more than the full versions.

As a side note, I tried uninstalling Revit 2011 last year, as I thought 2 versions (2012 and 2013) would be sufficient.  Created quite a mess.  Just in case you were thinking about getting rid of 2013...

Message 4 of 10
tarheels09
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

Not that I don't believe you about the updates. But can we get an answer from Autodesk on this?????

We have 2012 and 2013 and are ready to install 2014.

Message 5 of 10
M-Town_Drafter
in reply to: tarheels09

Well, I'm actually still seeing the occasional ribbon issue, the one where the correct contextual won't show up.  Not often, and exiting Revit fixes it.  And yes, my software is all up-to-date.  This is for LT at home.  At work I use the full version, but I only have 2012 and 2013 installed.  Most of our collaboration is in 2013, and I won't make families in 2014 since I can't use them in earlier versions.

Other than that, I really haven't seen any issues about them not playing nicely together.  I agree, though, that Autodesk should make sure about it for the full versions.  Since they require you to use different versions at times, they should insure that installing one doesn't harm the other(s).  And a shout out from them would be nice, too.

And rereading my previous post, it should be  'I don't think that the full versions of Revit would tax hardware much more than the LT versions.' Other than rendering, anyway. 

Message 6 of 10
loboarch
in reply to: tarheels09

@tarheels09 wrote:

Not that I don't believe you about the updates. But can we get an answer from Autodesk on this?????

We have 2012 and 2013 and are ready to install 2014.

2012, 2013, 2014 can be installed side by side.  2012 and 2013 need to have the most recent updates applied, otherwise the Ribbon will not display contextural tabs without cycling through the Ribbin display modes.  once updated all 3 will run sisde by side without issue.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 10
octavio2

Jeff, maybe you can top your anwer with the built  number of the latest update for each of the releases, so these could be conveniently checked quickly by reading your post.

Message 8 of 10

Revit 2014 Update 1 Fails to install because the 'the expected product could not be located', however, Revit 2014 runs fine.
Message 9 of 10

My root problem is I cannot sign in or render in could - yet I could about a month ago - so I thought installing revit 2014 would work. revit 2014 installs and runs, but i cannot sign in to the cloud and render + revit 214 update 1 fails. Do you have a list of checks or settings for me to review? Also, I turned off virus software and firewall.
Message 10 of 10

Make sure you are installing the correct update.  The update for the Revit "one box" that is part of the Building Design Suites is different for the updates for the individual discipline Revits (Architecture, MEP, Structure).

Revit 2014 (one box) Update Release 2

Revit Architecture 2014 Update Release 2

Revit MEP 2014 Update Release 2

Revit Structure 2014 Update Release 2

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report